Friday 9 August 2013

Charity Shop Volunteering.

I decided I wanted to do something different and help others so I've started working in my local charity shops.

Fridays is the DEBRA shop.  This charity tries to help children who are born with a painful skin condition.



Saturdays I help out in our local Willow Wood hospice shop.  Willow Wood hospice is a home which provides special nursing care for mainly terminally ill people.

Working with my friend Ben, our jobs include sorting through bags of donations and putting these items into groups, books, clothes, glassware etc.  Dusting and polishing, shelf and clothes rail organisation, price tagging and best of all steaming clothes, Ben and I are quite competitive when deciding who has control of the steamer...

No comments:

Post a Comment