Friday 27 June 2014

Hospice Shop Volunteering

My friend Gemma mentioned the other day that our local Willow Wood hospice shop is having to shut early or not open at all due to lack of volunteers :(.  Now I've finished my A levels I have more time on my hands so I decided to get back into doing 'my bit' and helping out when I can.

I've not long finished this morning's shift, it was easy enough getting back into the swing of things - even though I haven't volunteered since last summer. It was a bit quiet and lonely today, not so many customers, so I tidied up and dusted then sorted through donations.  Not had a chance to do my favourite job yet - 'steaming', don't know why but everyone fights for their chance with the steamer... :o

I'm back in tomorrow, looking forward to it - plus Gemma works Saturday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment