Monday 16 December 2013

Christmas Temping...

I can't believe I'm over halfway through my Boot's Christmas job.  It's kept me busy every weekend, what with stock movement, stacking shelves and running for 'on line orders'.  Till work is a blur sometimes with the huge amount of Christmas shoppers, but the day passes quickly.  I've met some lovely people, both customers and staff and can honestly say I will miss working at Boots when my contract ends :(.

Every shift brings a challenge, most people are patient with me when I juggle cards, money, vouchers and 'Boot's points' at the till, quite a lot laugh when I can't seem to get the knack of separating, never mind opening, the plastic shopping bags... :)  I'm confident I've got the hang of most things, which is great because now I have more time to help and chat with customers.





Children with their parents are my favourites, it's really cute how excited the kids get when passing me mum's money and card.




Best of all their eyes light up when I give them the shopping bag (making sure it's not too heavy of course - some of these kids can barely see over the counter) and then they reward me with a big smile :).



I also like helping elderly customers choose Christmas presents for their grandchildren.  They appreciate the product advice I give them - based on my own experiences. Feels good knowing I'm helping people.

No comments:

Post a Comment