Friday 31 January 2014

A2 Fine Art unit 3 final work.

Finished my A2 Fine Art unit 3 coursework last night - the theme was 'City Life', based on my experiences during our college trip to London last October.

The 'Paper' Exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery was really interesting.  I was fascinated by Dawn Clements' detailed illustrations Paper exhibition.  She works on what seem like endless, huge rolls of paper, patiently detailing stories from her favourite films and books. Sometimes she captures 360 degree images of her present surroundings like her studio or living room for instance.

Here are some photographs of Dawn Clements 'Travels with Myra Hudson' - inspired by one of her favourite films 'Sudden Fear', 1952, starring Joan Crawford.




'Travels with Myra Hudson' - complete image
Inspired by Dawn Clements and persuaded by my Fine Art teacher, I've attempted to detail my London 'City Life' observations on a wallpaper lining roll, using ink, acrylic, watercolour, tissue and many other types of medium.

Here are some photographs of my work, I've tried to show interesting parts of the city and capture the contrast between day and night time, rush hour versus night's out for example.













I also made a short film to help show the full 'roll' effect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment